Chelsea School is seeking a certified special educator for a self-contained 5th grade classroom for the 2022-23 school year. MSDE Special Education certification (1-8) is required to be considered for this position.
Chelsea School specializes in educating students with language-based learning disabilities in a college preparatory environment.
Ideal Candidates will meet the following criteria:
– Valid Maryland state education licensure in Special Education 1-8, or eligibility for conditional licensure in Special Education 1-8
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent post-baccalaureate graduate credit in education, special education, or related field
– Familiarity with lesson planning based on Common Core curricula
– Knowledge of and experience teaching elementary academic content
– Familiarity with a variety of multi-sensory, systematic, structured instructional programs and practices
– Experience with IEP implementation; developing, writing and monitoring IEP goals
– Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
Interested candidates should contact Kristal Weems-Bradner, Head of School at email@example.com